Zotero is a widely used, open source referencing application and lots of support is available online.
- 300mb of free storage (an upgrade is available for a fee)
- Excellent for capturing additional content such as web page snapshots
- Create public groups where membership is open and users can join instantly, [enabling broad discussions?]
- Create and join research groups and share your library and all associated items like notes and discussion threads
- Collaborate and share your library with an unlimited number of people
- Allows for the direct transfer of a Mendeley library via an RIS file using the import functionality
Zotero is used by many researchers at RMIT University. Here’s a short video of Dr Stephen Rowley speaking about aspects of Zotero that he finds useful: