Google Scholar enables researchers to create a profile for themselves.
This profile allows for an author’s publications to be linked to their profile and displays the author’s h-Index and citation counts.
- Go to Google Scholar and search for the profile of Tien Huynh, an academic at RMIT
- You can use the sorting by year, cited by and publication title to understand more about the author’s citation impact.
- Click on the author’s name to access their profile
- Make a note of the author’s h-Index and i10-Index scores*
- Use the VIEW ALL function to retrieve ‘citations by year’ information
If you have published and don’t have a Google Scholar Profile, you might also like to take this opportunity to create one for yourself.
Further information on setting up Google Scholar and other researcher profiles can be found in another module in this series Setting up your researcher profile.
*The i10=index is an additional measure listed in Google Scholar. This counts the number of publications, of a particular author, that have at least 10 citations.