Groups make it easy to organise a large EndNote Library into folders to manage references or use a subset of references for a paper or chapter. A group simply points to a subset of references that already exist in the library. They are a COPY only of selected references from your All References.
There are two types of groups:
- Create a Group – manually add records to the Group, or
- Create a Smart Group – records matching your terms are automatically added to the Group.
If you need further information on creating groups the EndNote library guide has step-by-step instructions.
- Right-click on My Groups > Create Group, or from the toolbar menu Groups > Create Group.
- Name your group whatever you like (e.g. a topic you are researching).
- Drag-and-drop some references from All References into your new group.