Overview of EndNote
EndNote is a tool for managing references and bibliographies. EndNote will:
- gather, store and manage references
- automatically create and format bibliographies in your referencing style
- search and retrieve records from catalogues and databases
- insert citations directly into documents in your referencing style
Why use the EndNote program? EndNote can:
- help you organise your research
- integrate with Word, enabling the writing of thesis and manuscripts for publication
- enable collaboration with supervisors
- be relied upon as an RMIT supported software program
You may wish to watch the following video to get an overview of how EndNote can help you manage your references.
Additionally, the following two videos provide an introduction to using EndNote X9 for Windows and EndNote X9 for Mac.
- How to Use EndNote in 6 Minutes: Windows (5:48 min) by EndNote Training (YouTube)
- How to Use EndNote in 6 Minutes: Macintosh (6:10 min) by EndNote Training (YouTube)